- Covid-19: Our park is still open at the moment but no group community gardening is taking place.
- If you use the Wildlife Area, please respect those who are seeking a quiet area, free from joggers and dogs. Read our notes here.
- Stay at home
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (if you can’t work from home).
- If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds as soon as you get home.
- Do not meet others, even friends or family.
- You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
- You can remain infectious for a period after you seem to have recovered.
- There are many unknowns about this virus. Seek out the provenance of advice and try to stick to substantiated facts.
Our park has so many treasures during April and May. The trees are enjoying their new leaves and blossoms. Wild flowers are blooming and birds are caring for their hungry chicks.
Be kind to your neighbours and community. We are all dealing with varied and difficult challenges.
Some familiar faces are doing remarkable things to keep everyone going.
The work of the Queen’s Park Gardens Community and Sports Hub is dear to our hearts. They are currently assisting the most vulnerable and shielded residents in our community with hot meals (from food provided by The Felix Project and meals created by Ida) and care package support. If you feel you can contribute to the great work they are doing, please visit their Just Giving page to make a small donation (they’ll accept a large one too!).
You might also like to investigate some of the uplifting personal tales being told by customers and staff on Ida’s Instagram account, a beloved restaurant in our community.